3news.com reported earlier today that the CID had debunked any claims that it had arrested NAM 1 since it had not received an official complaint yet.
However, DCOP Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah, in a disclaimer, has called on Ghanaians to treat the news publication with disdain since the reportage was twisted and given a misleading headline.
“The headline is very misleading with distorted contents and not the true representation of the telephone interview I granted one Peter of TV3 about the arrest of Nana Appiah Mensah.
One PETER of TV3 called and wanted to confirm whether or not NAM1 has jumped bail from the police. I said no but rather we are looking for him to be arrested and that we have even obtained a warrant of arrest.
There was not a point in time that I said we have no case against him. I will therefore urge the public to treat the publication with the contempt it deserves,” DCOP Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah stated.
On the back of series of demonstrations to put pressure on government to intervene in the crisis, private legal practitioner Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko on Tuesday claimed Mr. Appiah Mensah was arrested but absconded.
The Bank of Ghana in August last year issued a public notice that Menzgold Ghana Limited is not licensed and has no authority to engage in the solicitation, receipt of money or investments and the payment of dividends or returns to its clients which is captured in Section 6 (1) of the Banks and Specialised Deposit-Taking Institutions Act, 2016 (Act 930).
It also hinted of impending sanctions, saying after several cautions to Menzgold, it has started discussions with relevant regulatory authorities to sanction them for breaching the law.
Though Menzgold called the bluff of the central bank, it was forced to shut down in September 2018 by the SEC.
As part of the shutdown notice, the firm was ordered not to take new contracts (investments).
—
Source: Ghanaweb.com




